MEALS, SHELTER AND SUPPORT
Thomas Merton Center
Bridgeport (Greater Bridgeport area)
The Thomas Merton Center is committed to providing a loving, safe and hope-filled community atmosphere that responds to the needs of its guests. Respecting the dignity of each person, we reflect to the individual and the community our shared responsibility to love and support one another. We believe the sharing of a hot meal is an invitation to come in and share in a place where one can belong; respect and love are mutually given and received; each person is valued and not to be judged; and healing life’s hurts is possible with people who care. Collaboration with other agencies and people is essential to meeting the needs of those we serve.
- Meal Program: We serve about 400 meals every day for breakfast and lunch.
- Shower Program: Our showers are open to guests twice a week.
- Mail Program: This program provides an address for guests to receive Social Security, Medical Cards, and EBT Cards.
- Eat Smart Marketplace: The Eat Smart Marketplace is our Food Pantry that provides 5 days of nutritious meals every week!
- Case Management: Case managers provide individual assistance and partner with other agencies based on guests’ needs.
Thank you for your interest in joining our mission. Stay tuned for upcoming events!
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 9:00 am to 10:00 am
Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Eat Smart Pantry – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Stories from The Thomas Merton Center
Watch the videos below to learn more about how The Thomas Merton Center makes a difference in the lives of guests.
MORE FROM THE MERTON CENTER
BRIDGEPORT — Those experiencing homelessness in the city have another resource to get help. On Thursday at the Thomas Merton Center, Bridgeport's Health and Social Services Department announced a homeless care response initiative to help connect homeless people to...
GRATITUDE IS THE BEST ATTITUDE! Sending a HUGE THANK YOU to all our amazing volunteers that make it possible for The Thomas Merton Center to serve those in need. Without you we could not do the work we do -- providing meals, food pantry, day shelter, shower program as...
Read the latest newsletter from The Thomas Merton Center.