MEALS, SHELTER AND SUPPORT
Thomas Merton Center
Bridgeport (Greater Bridgeport area)
The Thomas Merton Center is committed to providing a loving, safe and hope-filled community atmosphere that responds to the needs of its guests. Respecting the dignity of each person, we reflect to the individual and the community our shared responsibility to love and support one another. We believe the sharing of a hot meal is an invitation to come in and share in a place where one can belong; respect and love are mutually given and received; each person is valued and not to be judged; and healing life’s hurts is possible with people who care. Collaboration with other agencies and people is essential to meeting the needs of those we serve.
- Meal Program: We serve about 400 meals every day for breakfast and lunch.
- Shower Program: Our showers are open to guests twice a week.
- Mail Program: This program provides an address for guests to receive Social Security, Medical Cards, and EBT Cards.
- Eat Smart Marketplace: The Eat Smart Marketplace is our Food Pantry that provides 5 days of nutritious meals every week!
- Case Management: Case managers provide individual assistance and partner with other agencies based on guests’ needs.
Check back soon for upcoming events…
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 9:00 am to 10:00 am
Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Monday, Wednesday, Friday:
Eat Smart Pantry – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Stories from The Thomas Merton Center
Watch the videos below to learn more about how The Thomas Merton Center makes a difference in the lives of guests.
MORE FROM THE MERTON CENTER
Food insecurities are still a very real concern for many people in greater Bridgeport. With inflation many more people are going hungry. "It's heartbreaking to think that there are people right here in Fairfield County who go to bed hungry every single night," said...
The Thomas Merton Center Celebrity Breakfast returned after a two-year hiatus to raise thousands of dollars to assist Bridgeport’s most vulnerable population.
Join us for breakfast with Billy Blanks, Jr. – a fundraising event to benefit the Thomas Merton Center!