Maintenance Worker-New Covenant Center, Stamford, CT (Full-Time)
The New Covenant Center of Catholic Charities is looking for a Maintenance Worker to work full time, Monday – Friday (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.).
This position is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, cleanliness, and appearance of the facility to be met or exceeded in offices, restrooms, exterior areas, kitchen, public areas, café, reception area, hallways, etc.
- Performs cleaning activities such as dusting, sweeping, mopping, running dishwashing station etc.;
- Supports the kitchen staff in food preparation and clean-up and fosters a pleasant, team-approach atmosphere;
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Physical stamina and dexterity;
- Has an interest in working in a soup kitchen environment with a diverse population, with varied needs. Must have empathy for the needs of those less fortunate;
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum 6 months prior related experience;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Send cover letter with résumé to: BLopez@ccfc-ct.org Please include in subject heading FT MAINTENANCE WORKER
Morning Glory Breakfast Program Assistant – Danbury, CT (Part-Time)
Catholic Charities is seeking a Part-Time Program Assistant to conduct on-site program management of the “Morning Glory Breakfast Program”, which feeds the hungry and homeless of the Danbury area. Required hours are 23 per week (for a 5 day week, including weekends).
In addition, the Program Assistant will conduct grocery shopping, pick up donations, and manage the twice-a-month pantry.
A valid driver’s license and ability to lift 25 lbs is required. Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Resume should be sent to Michele Conderino at: firstname.lastname@example.org