MEALS, SHELTER AND SUPPORT
Thomas Merton Family Center
Bridgeport (Greater Bridgeport area)
The Thomas Merton Family Center is committed to providing a loving, safe and hope-filled community atmosphere that responds to the needs of its guests. Respecting the dignity of each person, we reflect to the individual and the community our shared responsibility to love and support one another. We believe the sharing of a hot meal is an invitation to come in and share in a place where one can belong; respect and love are mutually given and received; each person is valued and not to be judged; and healing life’s hurts is possible with people who care. Collaboration with other agencies and people is essential to meeting the needs of those we serve.
- Meal Program: We serve about 350 meals every day for breakfast and lunch.
- Shower Program: Our showers are open to guests twice a week.
- Mail Program: This program provides an address for guests to receive Social Security, Medical Cards, and EBT Cards.
- Eat Smart Marketplace: The Eat Smart Marketplace is our Food Pantry that provides 5 days of nutritious meals every week!
- Case Management: Case managers provide individual assistance and partner with other agencies based on guests’ needs.
Stay tuned for upcoming events!
Monday – Friday:
Breakfast: 9:00 am to 10:00 am
Lunch: 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
Every Thursday, *by appointment*:
Eat Smart Pantry – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Registration for Eat Smart Food Pantry requires ID for each household member, age and proof of address.
Thomas Merton Family Center Advisory Council
Mary Ann O’Connor
Stories from Thomas Merton Family Center
Watch the videos below to learn more about how Thomas Merton Family Center makes a difference in the lives of guests.
MORE FROM THOMAS MERTON FAMILY CENTER
Catholic Charities has announced that it will name the dining hall of the new Thomas Merton Family Center for Father Charles Allen, SJ, longtime assistant to the president of Fairfield University, and friend of Merton Center.
The Thomas Merton Center, announced that it will open a new community center this winter.
The Thomas Merton Family Center in Bridgeport has made significant progress since its groundbreaking event, which many of you attended. With the cooler months approaching, we are preparing to open the doors to our new location at 1406 State Street.