HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,150 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- Programs include SNAP Benefits, Family Loan Program, and Community Access Program.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide barber services and hygiene items to clients.
- Active Toiletry Program distributes essential necessities to clients.
- Referral program partners with area non-profits to provide additional social services for clients.
Stay tuned for upcoming events!
Videos from New Covenant Center
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Nils Dahl, Board Chair
Phil Shalala, Chairman Emeritus
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
New Covenant Center, a program of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County located in Stamford, CT, is in search of a Part-Time Cook (four hours/day; Monday-Friday) for its Afterschool Feeding Program. The Part-Time Cook is responsible for the daily meal preparation for...
New Covenant Center held its annual Thanksgiving Day lunch on Thursday afternoon in Stamford. Over 35 volunteers from St. Leo Parish prepared and served the meal.
New Covenant Center, a program of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, had volunteers collecting food at LaRocca’s Country Market on Old Long Ridge Road in Stamford.