HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,150 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- Programs include SNAP Benefits, Family Loan Program, and Community Access Program.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide barber services and hygiene items to clients.
- Active Toiletry Program distributes essential necessities to clients.
- Referral program partners with area non-profits to provide additional social services for clients.
13th Annual Harvest Table
Videos from New Covenant Center
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Nils Dahl, Board Chair
Phil Shalala, Chairman Emeritus
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
Charter Communications announced a donation of $7,500 to New Covenant Center to support its food distribution program in partnership with Catholic Charities of Fairfield County through the company’s national community philanthropic program, Spectrum Employee Community Grants.
This Saturday, September 9th, New Covenant Center, a program of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, will be participating in NBC 4 NY and Telemundo’s sponsorship of “Feeding our Families” in the tri-state area. Over 200 Stop and Shop locations will be the sites of local food pantries who will collect donated items to distribute to people in need. The overall goal is to reach $1 million in donated food throughout the region.
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is honored to announce that it has received grants from New Canaan Community Foundation for the essential services of two of its programs: New Covenant Center and Senior Nutrition Program.