HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,150 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- Programs include SNAP Benefits, Family Loan Program, and Community Access Program.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide barber services and hygiene items to clients.
- Active Toiletry Program distributes essential necessities to clients.
- Referral program partners with area non-profits to provide additional social services for clients.
Videos from New Covenant Center
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
Our Team – New Covenant Center
New Covenant Center’s Professional Staff
Order of Malta CT Chapter Supports New Covenant Center
For many years, the Connecticut Area of the Order of Malta has supported New Covenant Center in many ways. They prepare and serve lunch on the second Saturday of every month. This past Saturday, New Covenant’s Raphael Hilaire outdid himself in creating a fantastically healthy, balanced and bountiful meal.
New Covenant Center’s Harvest Table raises $260,000 to feed the hungry
STAMFORD—Over 250 people attended New Covenant Center’s 12th annual Harvest Table fundraiser on November 3. The event was hosted at the Italian Center and raised $260,000 to benefit the guests and clients of the center. The event featured a silent auction of 40 items,...