HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,200 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide laundry services, barber services and hygiene items to clients.
Who to Contact
John Gutman: (203) 964-8228, ext. 401
Betsy Lopez: (203) 964-8228, ext. 415
Main Number: (203) 964-8228
Fax: (203) 357-0314
174 Richmond Hill Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902
Monday-Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday 10:00am – 2:00pm
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
Instead of giving up something for Lent, the Lenten Challenge is a way to give back.
Last year, members of Temple Sinai synagogue in Stamford held a Christmas Day lunch at the New Covenant Center on the city’s West Side on a rainy day amid a global pandemic.
STAMFORD — The city’s New Covenant Center is getting free lunches — and other food items — courtesy of a Greenwich private school and a national effort to reduce food insecurity.