HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,200 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide laundry services, barber services and hygiene items to clients.
Videos from New Covenant Center
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
Six hundred pounds of food. Thirty boxes of produce. Dozens of bagels and containers of yogurt. Such surplus quantities of fresh and non-perishable goods could go uneaten and unused in Fairfield County, squandering resources and creating unnecessary waste. Instead, Catholic Charities programs such as the Thomas Merton Center in Bridgeport and New Covenant Center in Stamford are benefitting due to a variety of rescue efforts.
For the 10th year, residents of the Stamford community came together for the annual 5K Miles for a Mission Race to raise funds for the New Covenant Center. The race took place at St. Francis Episcopal Church off Long Ridge Road.
New Covenant Center is the beneficiary for the 2022 Miles for a Mission Race. The goal is to raise funds and awareness for the work of this important organization.