HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,150 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- Programs include SNAP Benefits, Family Loan Program, and Community Access Program.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide barber services and hygiene items to clients.
- Active Toiletry Program distributes essential necessities to clients.
- Referral program partners with area non-profits to provide additional social services for clients.
13th Annual Harvest Table
Videos from New Covenant Center
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Nils Dahl, Board Chair
Phil Shalala, Chairman Emeritus
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
Announcement: The New Covenant Center 2023 Founder’s Award Honors Sarita Hanley for Exceptional Contributions
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is delighted to announce the recipient of this year’s New Covenant Center Founder’s Award, Sarita Hanley. Established in 2016, this prestigious award pays tribute to individuals who have made remarkable contributions to our mission of hunger prevention and social services, creating a pathway towards a better life for those in need.
New Covenant Center’s Professional Staff
For many years, the Connecticut Area of the Order of Malta has supported New Covenant Center in many ways. They prepare and serve lunch on the second Saturday of every month. This past Saturday, New Covenant’s Raphael Hilaire outdid himself in creating a fantastically healthy, balanced and bountiful meal.