Family Loan Program
Catholic Charities Family Loan Program has been serving low-income families in Connecticut for over 20 years. We provide low-interest loans to working parents to help them overcome obstacles that might jeopardize their employment. Loans can be used to purchase a car, for car repairs, security deposits, immigration fees, childcare costs, or other unplanned expenses.
Clients must live or work in the Stamford/Norwalk area, be employed at the same job for 6 months or longer and have enough disposable income to meet monthly loan payments. We work with clients throughout the entire loan application process, teach them the skills they need to improve their credit score, and help them move towards financial independence. The Family Loan Program is a hand-up, not a handout.
• One-on-one budgeting advice
• Helpful financial education and resource materials
• Assistance during the application process and throughout the life of the loan
• Ability to borrow money at a low 5.5% interest rate regardless of bad credit score or no credit history
• Flexible loan repayment schedule
• Referral to other social service resources within Catholic Charities, the community, and the state
• Peace of mind provided by Catholic Charities, one of the largest and oldest social service providers in Connecticut
Who to Contact
Diane Barston, Manager
120 East Avenue 2nd Floor
Norwalk, CT 06851
(Located across the street from Norwalk City Hall)
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
If you have children who live with you most of the year, your family may qualify for a new Federal payment program that started in July 2021. This program is a part of the American Rescue Plan signed by President Biden.
FAMILY LOAN PROGRAM NEWS
United Way of Western Connecticut Awards $10,000 to Catholic Charities of Fairfield County – Family Loan and Financial Stability Program of Danbury
Danbury, CT— United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) awards a $10,000 Financial Stability Grant to the Catholic Charities of Fairfield County Family Loan and Financial Stability Program. The Family Loan and Financial Stability program provides families and...
Family Loan Program is one of the charities nominated for April’s ‘Charity of the Month’. At the end of April, the non-profit with the most votes will receive an additional $1,000 of support from Fairfield County Bank.
Tomas and his wife are a hard-working couple who needed financial assistance to purchase a used car. Unable to qualify for a loan through traditional lenders, they turned to the Family Loan Program at Catholic Charities for assistance.