Family Loan Program
Family Loan Program of Danbury provides small, low interest loans to qualified applicants. We also provide Financial Education and Budget Counseling program to eligible applicants and anyone in need. Loans may be used to purchase a used car up to $10,000 for transportation to work, repair a car, security deposit funds and childcare costs. Financial education provides tools for self-sufficiency and ensures loan repayment and positive credit building. Loan amounts range from $500 – $10,000 with a 5.5% interest rate, regardless of credit score.
• One-on-one budgeting advice
• Helpful financial education and resource materials
• Assistance during the application process and throughout the life of the loan
• Ability to borrow money at a low 5.5% interest rate regardless of bad credit score or no credit history
• Flexible loan repayment schedule
• Referral to other social service resources within Catholic Charities, the community, and the state
• Peace of mind provided by Catholic Charities, one of the largest and oldest social service providers in Connecticut
Who to Contact
Carolyn Silliman, Program Manager
(203) 743-4412 ext. 242
Fax: (203) 738-1166
405 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810
Monday – Friday
8:30am – 4:30pm
Child Tax Credit
If you have children who live with you most of the year, your family may qualify for a new Federal payment program that started in July 2021. This program is a part of the American Rescue Plan signed by President Biden.
FAMILY LOAN PROGRAM NEWS
United Way of Western Connecticut Awards $10,000 to Catholic Charities of Fairfield County – Family Loan and Financial Stability Program of Danbury
Danbury, CT— United Way of Western Connecticut (UWWC) awards a $10,000 Financial Stability Grant to the Catholic Charities of Fairfield County Family Loan and Financial Stability Program. The Family Loan and Financial Stability program provides families and...
Family Loan Program Nominated for Fairfield County Bank’s April Charity of the Month – Vote now!
Family Loan Program is one of the charities nominated for April’s ‘Charity of the Month’. At the end of April, the non-profit with the most votes will receive an additional $1,000 of support from Fairfield County Bank.
Another successful loan closing for the Family Loan Program!
Tomas and his wife are a hard-working couple who needed financial assistance to purchase a used car. Unable to qualify for a loan through traditional lenders, they turned to the Family Loan Program at Catholic Charities for assistance.