The New Covenant Center (NCC), a program of Catholic Charities located in Stamford, is seeking a full-time (35 hours/week), benefits-eligible, Case Manager responsible for providing services focusing on crisis intervention and advocacy for individuals and families facing mental/behavioral health issues.
Responsibilities include resolution of issues relating to, but limited to, housing, unemployment, SNAP/State benefits and other immediate needs. Under the direction of the supervisor, will work together to create a plan for long/short-term self-sufficiency. This position also provides supervision of the café floor during meals.
- Complete initial intake interviews with new clients and conduct thorough needs assessments to determine program eligibility.
- Work with clients to establish service plans leading to crisis resolution and self-sufficiency.
- Provide clients with service referrals for employment, job or vocational training, education and other nonprofit organizations.
- Conduct outreach to solicit new clients for the services that New Covenant Center provides.
- Prepare thorough, accurate, and complete program financial assistance requests, as needed, to assist with resolving clients’ housing crises.
- Perform market and best practices analysis of case management industry.
- Present to partner agencies and cultivate relationships.
- Identify other resources in the community and maintain an Excel Spreadsheet with its contact data.
- Create a pipeline of resources and contacts within Fairfield County to access services.
- Cross-training within all Operations areas of organization.
- Supervise and monitor daily activities of dining room.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in case management, assessment, counseling and crisis intervention required.
- PantrySoft knowledge a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) conversation skills strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and judgment with the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to take the initiative to be dependable and resourceful.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing initiatives and tasks on a weekly basis and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and management skills.
- Computer literate and a proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products required.
- Effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of 2-1-1 database.
- Strong verbal, written, and negotiation skills.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Leisa Hinds-Simpson, Development and Community Engagement Manager: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer