If you have children who live with you most of the year, your family may qualify for a new Federal payment program that started in July 2021. This program is a part of the American Rescue Plan signed by President Biden.
How does it work?
- The IRS will pay families each month via direct deposit or check.
- You can receive up to $300 per child per month.
Are you eligible?
- ANY family with children can benefit, as long as the child has a social security number.
- Employment & income are NOT required.
- The child must be under 18 on December 31, 2021.
- The child must live with you most of the time.
What do you need to do?
- You do not need to do anything if you have already filed a 2019 or 2020 tax return. You will receive the Child Tax Credit automatically.
- If you have not registered, just click the link below to get started.
- If you haven’t received your stimulus checks, click the link below.
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County has partnered with SimplifyCT / GetCTC, an IRS Volunteer certified nonprofit to help you get into this new Federal program. To find more information on the program, click “learn more” below. To get started, click “Get Started” below.
Please act now – the deadline for signing up this year is November 15!