NEW YORK – NBC 4 New York / WNBC, Telemundo 47 / WNJU and Stop & Shop announced the return of their successful campaign “Feeding Our Families”/ “Alimentando a Nuestras Familias” with a large-scale food drive to support eight regional food banks.
New Covenant Center, a program of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, will be participating in NBC 4 NY and Telemundo’s sponsorship of “Feeding our Families.” Over 200 Stop and Shop locations will be the sites of local food pantries who will collect donated items to distribute to people in need. The overall goal is to reach $1 million in donated food throughout the region.
New Covenant Center, who will be tabling at the Stop and Shop at 1937 West Main Street in Stamford from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, was featured on NBC 4 News this past weekend. Come on out to this Stop and Shop to do your shopping this Saturday, 9/9, and donate healthy food from the lists we will be handing out.
If you ask yourself, how can I contribute and donate? Below we provide a list that will greatly help the cause:
- Canned Proteins, Soups and Vegetables
- Dried Beans, Fruit and Herbs
- Peanut Butter
- Grains – Barley, Oats and Oatmeal, Quinoa and Rice
- Milk – Shelf-Stable or Dried Only
- Spices – Adobo, Cumin, Curry, Garlic, Pepper and Salt
- Condiments – Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Mustard and Salad Dressings
- Baby Products – Diapers, Formula, Food & Hygiene products
- Hygiene – Feminine products (Liners, Sanitary Pads and Tampons)
- Deodorant, Soap, Shampoo, Shaving Cream and Toothpaste
- Household – Aluminum Foil, Cleaners, Garbage Bags,
- Napkins and Paper Towels
Note: No perishable dairy, no glass, and no produce please!
For more information on the September 9 Feeding Our Families / Alimentando a Nuestras Familias food and volunteer drive, please visit NBCNewYork.com, Telemundo47.com, StopandShop.com or www.NewCovenantCenter.org