A ‘new outlook’ on mental health
Catholic Charities has introduced its “New Outlook” program to provide a holistic and comprehensive approach to mental health care, with services that cater to individuals, families, and groups.
“Catholic Charities’ New Outlook Mental Health Counseling is a vital resource for those seeking mental health support and guidance in Fairfield County,” said Mike Donoghue, Catholic Charities’ executive director. “Through its comprehensive services, New Outlook is providing hope, healing, and a renewed sense of dignity to countless individuals and families. By working together with the community, we will continue to make a difference in the lives of those who need it the most.”
The clinic’s expert team of mental health professionals, which includes licensed clinical social workers, psychologists, psychiatrists, and support staff, work tirelessly to ensure that every person in need receives personalized care tailored to their specific needs.
“Our team believes and stresses the concept that every-one deserves access to quality mental health care,” said Angela Piscitello, Chief Program Officer of Catholic Charities. “The agency serves all individuals, regard-less of their religion or ability to pay. New Outlook accepts most major insurance plans, and for those without insurance or limited financial resources, offers a sliding scale. Many of our clients are not Catholic and do not have insurance, but we do have clients with private insurance plans. We truly serve all.”
Services Offered at New Outlook
New Outlook Mental Health Counseling promotes wellness and improves lives. The program offers a wide range of services to address the diverse mental health needs of Fairfield County’s residents. Some of the services provided include:
- Individual Therapy: New Outlook provides one-on-one therapy sessions with experienced professionals to help individuals navigate personal challenges, develop healthy coping mechanisms, and improve their overall mental well-being.
Family and Couples Therapy: New Outlook offers therapy sessions for families and couples to strengthen relationships, improve communication, and address issues that may be affecting the family dynamic.
- Group Therapy: Through group therapy, individuals can find support and encouragement among peers experiencing similar struggles. New Outlook offers a variety of group therapy options, such as grief support, substance abuse recovery, and stress management.
- Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Management: New Outlook’s team of psychiatrists can provide thorough evaluations and recommend appropriate medication plans for clients, ensuring that they receive the best possible treatment for their unique needs.
- Crisis Intervention: For those in immediate need of assistance, New Outlook provides crisis intervention services to help clients and their families navigate difficult situations and find the necessary resources.
- Child and Adolescent Services: Recognizing the importance of addressing mental health concerns early on, New Outlook offers specialized services for children and adolescents, including play therapy, social skills groups, and support for learning disabilities.
- Substance Abuse Counseling: New Outlook offers specialized support for individuals struggling with substance abuse, providing them with resources and guidance to achieve and maintain sobriety.
Committed to Community Outreach and Ease of Use
Piscitello also recognizes that seeking help should not be a process fraught with complexities and difficult to navigate.
“It is our philosophy that seeking and getting the help you need should be simple. Once someone decides to take that next step to get help, they should not have to wait, and it should be easy, not complicated. We want people to access the services they need as soon as possible so they can take those next steps towards recovery or self-sufficiency.”
She says New Outlook makes it easy to locate and access vital treatment services. A professional, compassionate team of therapists, counselors, and psychiatrists are ready and available to help those in need take the first step towards healing and growth. The process is simple: (1) Contact one of the New Outlook counseling locations to schedule an initial assessment, (2) the team works to develop a personalized treatment plan, and (3) begin the journey to improved mental health and well-being.
If you or someone you know is looking for help and may benefit from Catholic Charities’ New Outlook Mental Health Counseling, contact the clinical staff at 203-743-4412. Offices are located in Danbury and Norwalk with telehealth options available as well.
(To learn more about Catholic Charities of Fairfield County and the New Outlook services visit www.ccfairfield.org/counseling or contact Angela Piscitello, Chief Program Officer at [email protected].)