PRESCHOOL AND FAMILY SERVICES
Room to Grow
Norwalk (Greater Norwalk area)
Room to Grow Preschool is a state licensed and nationally accredited facility that provides high quality care and education for children ages 3 to 5 years old who reside in Norwalk Connecticut. Room to Grow also offers center-based counseling and a fully stocked food pantry in its new Family Resource Center. During the preschool years, play is one of the most fundamental activities of the developing child, providing the foundation of academic learning. The most important goal of our curriculum is to help children become enthusiastic learners.
- We currently have 21 full time and 5 part time team staff members. Our advisory council consists of local community volunteers with a variety of business backgrounds.
- Our Family Resource Center provides counseling services and a fully stocked food pantry.
- Our licensed capacity is 132 children, ages 3 to 5. We are partially grant-funded through a School Readiness grant, which requires that you are a resident of the City of Norwalk.
- Enrollment spots are available on a sliding fee scale based on family income.
- Our wait list policy gives priority to the siblings of families already enrolled or returning to Room to Grow. Our current waitlist is longer than a year.
Who to Contact
Nancy Owens, Program Director
Regina Terenzio, Program Coordinator
Tanya Madrigal, Bi-lingual Enrollment [email protected]
Wendy Faticoni, Finance, Curriculum [email protected]
Vanessa Gomez, Program Counselor [email protected]
Fax: (203) 855-0710
St. Thomas the Apostle Parish Center
208 East Ave/Prowitt St.
Norwalk, CT 06855
Monday – Friday
7:30 AM – 5:30 PM
More from Room to Grow
Center Director Nancy Owens describes how Room to Grow Preschool was impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and her hopes for the future.
A pictorial montage of Room to Grow Preschool featuring its students and teachers.
Director Nancy Owens describes Room to Grow Preschool before the pandemic hit.