HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,200 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide laundry services, barber services and hygiene items to clients.
Videos from New Covenant Center
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
STAMFORD — The city’s New Covenant Center is getting free lunches — and other food items — courtesy of a Greenwich private school and a national effort to reduce food insecurity.
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is Awarded $30,000 Grant from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, one of the largest private social service providers in the state of Connecticut, was awarded a $30,000 grant from the Bank of America Charitable Foundation, Inc.
Over $155,000 was raised, so far, at the 17th Annual Celebrity Soiree event at Woodway Country Club in Darien.