HUNGER PREVENTION AND SOCIAL SERVICES
NEW COVENANT CENTER
Stamford (Greater Stamford area)
New Covenant Center is focused on hunger prevention and social services for a better life. Our facility in Stamford provides expanded basic need services to our guests. By creating a safe, warm and compassionate environment, we are taking the first steps toward empowering men, women and children to reach their full potential and regain their dignity and self-respect.
- Our soup kitchen serves 300 healthy, hot and nutritious meals daily.
- Over 1,150 individuals receive 10 days / 3 meals a day worth of groceries each month from our food pantry.
- New job skills programs focused on the food/hospitality industry are offered for clients.
- Staff provides assistance to address basic individual and family issues, to identify and overcome barriers/obstacles and to provide links to supportive services such as medical and mental health referrals.
- Programs include SNAP Benefits, Family Loan Program, and Community Access Program.
- We offer over 100 showers per month and provide barber services and hygiene items to clients.
- Active Toiletry Program distributes essential necessities to clients.
- Referral program partners with area non-profits to provide additional social services for clients.
Check back soon for event updates!
Videos from New Covenant Center
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Nils Dahl, Board Chair
Phil Shalala, Chairman Emeritus
NEW COVENANT CENTER NEWS
Around 500 people will receive a Thanksgiving turkey, along will all the fixings and even a gift card to ShopRite from the New Covenant Center in Stamford. Workers are preparing for the center's annual Thanksgiving meal distribution. New Covenant Center executive...
Six hundred pounds of food. Thirty boxes of produce. Dozens of bagels and containers of yogurt. Such surplus quantities of fresh and non-perishable goods could go uneaten and unused in Fairfield County, squandering resources and creating unnecessary waste. Instead, Catholic Charities programs such as the Thomas Merton Center in Bridgeport and New Covenant Center in Stamford are benefitting due to a variety of rescue efforts.
For the 10th year, residents of the Stamford community came together for the annual 5K Miles for a Mission Race to raise funds for the New Covenant Center. The race took place at St. Francis Episcopal Church off Long Ridge Road.