The Thomas Merton Center, a program of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, is committed to providing a loving, safe and hope filled community atmosphere that responds to the needs of its guests. Respecting the dignity of each person, we reflect to the individual and the community our shared responsibility to love and support one another. We believe the sharing of a hot meal and providing nutritious meals to our guests is an invitation to come in and share in a place where one can belong.
Located in Bridgeport, CT, the Thomas Merton Center is seeking a full-time (Monday-Friday), benefits eligible Food Pantry Coordinator. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position oversees the
operation of the Thomas Merton Center’s “Eat Smart” food pantry including, but not limited to, supervision and coordination of food pantry volunteers, restocking food pantry items, quality control,
coordination of food deliveries, monthly statistics and entering data as required. This person is also responsible for participating in special projects such as food drives, events and representation of the TMC pantry with other organizations.
- Maintain food pantry inventory by using donated and purchased foods.
- Train, schedule and provide daily supervision of food pantry volunteers.
- Coordinates the daily recycling (FIFO-First In/First Out) of perishable foods.
- Responsible for reporting timely monthly pantry statistics
- Maintain units of service are recorded in guest/client database.
- Responsible for implementing food pantry policies and procedures.
- Provide orientation for all new Volunteers, including the completion of all appropriate documentation.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to coordinate food drives and special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates’ degree preferred.
- Two years of food pantry experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Prior Human Services experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of food safety and handling procedures, possessing a food safety and handling
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and management skills.
- Committed to the mission, goals and objectives of the Thomas Merton Center.
- Understanding and appreciation for the challenges of the poor.
Please submit cover letter and resume indicating interest to: Sabine Kuczo, Operations Manager,
Thomas Merton Center at: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer