Grant Accountant (full time)
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is in search of a Grant Accountant. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, this full-time exempt, benefits-eligible position is located in Bridgeport, CT. As a Grant Accountant, you will bring your robust accounting background and experience with grants to collaborate across the organization to ensure smooth and timely grant processing and facilitate the day-to-day management of grants, donations and fundraising efforts. This is a visible role within a fast-paced department, oftentimes with quick, conflicting deadlines.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end accounting entries and financial reports for all grants
- Coordination of cash management functions for all grants including preparation of reimbursement requests, draw-downs of funds and billing
- Develop and review budgets for grant proposals aligned with organizational priorities
- Support development program in responding to and managing follow-up financial requests from funders
- Work closely with VP, Finance to track adjustments and projections
- Support creation of the organizational budget, primarily from a ‘budget by funder’ and an unrestricted vs. restricted perspective
- Coordinate all financial reporting aspects of grants to allocate expenses to specific funders according to budget and need
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports for donors to Finance and Development to meet rolling deadlines across all funding relationships
- Review time allocation to grants to ensure that allocations meet funding requirements, and that grant funds are being spent down appropriately
- Support VP of Finance on audits and agreed-upon-procedures as needed, providing documentation and drafting responses to audit questions
- Review all incoming grant agreements for their financial requirements to provide advice on their application, feasibility, and practical implementation
- Work with the VP of Compliance and Government Reporting to ensure that directors and managerial staff understand and comply with funders’ terms and conditions as set out in grant agreements
- Maintain documentation of financial documents for funding agreements and strong internal processes
- Prepare a periodic and annual restricted revenue release schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting plus a minimum three-to-five years’ of experience in an accounting-related role, preferably in a compliance capacity with grant management experience.
- Detailed familiarity with principles of GAAP as it relates to grant management
- Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and AmpliFund preferred
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel including complex pivot tables, formulas, lookup functions etc.
- Highly organized and possessing a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize to meet demands.
Please submit cover letter and resume to the attention of: Debra Bodner-Beurer, VP of Finance at: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer