Homeless-2-Housing (“H2H”) Specialist (full-time, benefits-eligible)
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, Inc., one of the largest private social service providers in Fairfield County, supports and empowers individuals and families through its broad scope of programs, including housing and homeless services, mental health, adoption, immigration, and family support.
Our Homeless Services program, location in Danbury, CT, is seeking a motivated individual to fill its Homeless-2-Housing (H2H) Specialist position.
This full-time, benefits-eligible position is unique and complements a service team model to support people experiencing homelessness in finding and sustaining stable, safe, permanent housing.
The H2H Specialist will engage with unsheltered individuals through outreach and canvassing in the community and will work with clients through every stage of the homeless services system. Once housed, the H2H Specialist will continue to provide housing support services to ensure tenancy sustainability. This position will follow a “services-follow-the-person” model of service delivery.
Required Experience and Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Human Services or related experience.
- Two years’ experience in homeless services and/or case management with vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated experience in homeless services and/or case management working with individuals affected by significant barriers.
- Ability to provide comprehensive case management and navigation services, including assistance with shelter placement, document collection and replacement, referrals to behavioral health and addiction services, income and public benefits and housing coordination.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Ability to work autonomously, and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated computer literacy and ability to maintain accurate and timely data across multiple platforms; ability to multi-task.
- “Lived experience” preferred.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) candidates strongly preferred.
- Driver’s license and daily use of a reliable and properly registered and insured motor vehicle.
- Strong computer skills
Qualified applicants please send a cover letter and resume to:
Paul Lipp, Director of Homeless Services and Related Programs at [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer