The New Covenant Center (NCC), located in Stamford, CT, is seeking a full-time (35 hours/week, benefits-eligible, Office Assistant. Reporting to the Assistant Director, this position is responsible for day-to-day administrative and office duties and will assist with the operation of both the Kitchen and Food Pantry programs. Assists Development Manager with data entry and timely acknowledgment of gifts.
- Responsible for all account receivables and Petty Cash reconciliation, data entry, bank deposits and copying of all back-up documentations in a timely manner.
- Assist Development Manager with timely monthly acknowledgement of gifts and assure that all types of donations (cash, pledges, matching gifts, and planned gifts) are properly documented.
- Maintain updated equipment repair contact call list.
- Assist Assistant Director with inventory and ordering of all office and kitchen supplies.
- Assist Development Manager with data entry and on-going data purging efforts.
- Responsible for all In-Kind donations data entry using PantrySoft software.
- Manage and maintain scheduling sign up for Shower Program using PantrySoft software.
- Cross-training within all Operations area of organization.
- Manage and maintain Food Rescue scheduling.
- Reconcile expense reports and submit invoices for payment processing; provide administrative support to Executive Director, as needed.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or relevant work experience.
- Three years’ office management/administrative support experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Office utilizing calendar/scheduling feature.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills and judgment with the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Excellent time management and organization skills with ability to multi-task.
- Flexible with ability to work independently under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills and ability to interface with all levels of staff and donors.
- PantrySoft knowledge a plus.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Betsy Lopez, Assistant Director: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer