The New Covenant Center (NCC), a program of Catholic Charities located in Stamford, CT is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) Development Assistant. This position is responsible for supporting the Development Manager’s fundraising initiatives. Responsibilities include exploring new development projects, data research for each event and potential new corporate entities and individuals for fund-raising events, promoting special events, creating development calendars, maintaining databases, and preparing prospect materials. You will also perform administrative tasks in support of the Executive Director and the Development Manager. This position may require occasional evening and weekend work.
- Research for new development projects:
o data research for each event;
o reach out to Fairfield County nonprofits;
o research on major corporate entities;
o research on individual donors;
o identify new grant-funding opportunities.
- Assemble organization materials for donor cultivation and solicitation visits.
- Assist in analysis of market trends and conditions.
- Build and maintain individual donors and major corporate entities databases/spreadsheets.
- Attend fundraising and development training webinars.
- Track NCC grants submissions.
- Package clothing and personal care items for disbursement to clients, work with maintenance and food pantry staff for efficient distribution.
- Cross-training within all Operations area of organization.
- Manage scheduling calendar for Development Manager.
- Reconcile expense reports for payment processing and provide administrative support to Executive Director, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in preferred.
- Database management experience a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate and a proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of products required.
- Strong interpersonal, networking and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills and judgment with the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Client focused.
- Effective time management skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to multi task.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Leisa Hinds-Simpson, Development and Community Engagement Manager: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer