Housing Case Manager (full-time/benefits eligible)
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is seeking an experienced, motivated individual to work as a Supportive Housing Case Manager for the CHESS program (Connecticut Housing Engagement and Support Services) and Merton Homes as part of our Housing Department in Bridgeport, CT. The qualified candidate will be responsible for implementing CCFC’s strategic mission through the core functions of person-centered client support which will include, but not be limited to: pre-tenancy support, tenancy support and advocacy.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, rehabilitation counseling, psychology, counseling or other behavioral health counseling program and a minimum of one-year experience working in a health care or behavioral health care or related community-based setting;
- Minimum of two years’ experience providing case management services and completing documentation required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with homeless individuals and/or families required.
- Working knowledge of permanent supportive housing policies and procedures, data reporting strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicaid reimbursement/billing preferred.
Skills & Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle, proof of current registration and insurance.
- Ability to multi-task plus experience working in a busy office.
- Strong computer and telephone skills.
- Must be organized, flexible and self-directed.
- Ability to communicate and relate with a diverse client base.
- Proficient in the use of Windows OS and Microsoft Office Products.
Catholic Charities provides excellent benefits and generous paid time off.
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer