For over 100 years, Catholic Charities’ mission has been to serve Fairfield County with programs that feed the hungry and homebound, shelter the homeless, strengthen families, assist the physically and emotionally challenged, and deliver consultation and assistance to immigrants. We serve all people without regard to age, race, religion, or ability to pay.
We are seeking a Chief Program Officer (CPO). The CPO is a vital member of the senior management team serving as a transformational change leader to support the strategic plan of the Agency in both near and long-term growth and expansion initiatives. In collaboration with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors and Program leaders, the CPO is responsible for articulating, and implementing the strategic mission of the Agency, enhancing its structure by keeping abreast of developments in social services in the areas of homelessness, behavioral health, food insecurity, financial insecurity, early childhood development and immigration.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Responsible for the development of operating practices, procedures and communications within the Agency.
• Responsible for the oversight and development and monitoring of annual program budgets.
• Oversee a portfolio of geographically diverse Agency programs and Family Centers to assure the delivery of quality services and programs consistent with best practice change, the mission of the Agency and the policies of the Board.
• Summarizes, analyzes, interprets, and reports to the Board of Directors the results and effectiveness of all programs in a timely and effective manner.
• Help to promote and diversify funding through effective resource stewardship with a mix of government funding, grants, private fundraising and philanthropic support.
• Provide mentoring, guidance, supervision, and professional development to leadership staff focusing on wide-ranging social services initiatives and multiple complex contracts.
• Analyze trends, needs, and opportunities and recommends possible strategies for transformational change.
• Collaborate with internal staff and effectively work with public, private and non-profit organizations to analyze and develop opportunities to expand the impact of the Agency.
• Collaborate with marketing and development teams, Family Centers and program leadership to create and implement fundraising campaigns.
Essential Education, Experience and Skills required:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Behavioral health or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (“LCSW”) preferred.
• Seven plus years’ leadership experience overseeing multiple programs and contracts.
• Direct work or volunteer experience in the non-profit arena.
• Transformational change leader
• Strong financial acumen.
• Strong leadership, administrative, organizational, interpersonal, verbal communication, writing and presentation skills.
• Able to oversee multiple programs concurrently in a matrix environment.
Catholic Charities of Fairfield County offers a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package.
Please submit a CV indicating interest along with your resume to: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer