Catholic Charities of Fairfield County is one of the largest private social service providers in the state of Connecticut, offering assistance throughout the 23 towns in the Bridgeport Diocese. For over 100 years, we have served Fairfield County with programs that feed the hungry and homebound, shelter the homeless, strengthen families, assist the physically and emotionally challenged, deliver consultation and assistance to immigrants and provide case management. We serve all people without regard to age, race, religion or ability to pay.
We are seeking a full-time, benefits-eligible, bi-lingual (English/Spanish) “SNAP” (SSI Outreach Access and Recovery) Case Manager. The SNAP Case Manager provides strengths-based case management to individuals and families with applying and recertifying for SNAP benefits. SNAP works in partnership with clients and families with the mRelief Program screening tools to determine eligibility. The Case Manager will work closely with all Fairfield County service providers to assist individuals and families in accessing SNAP benefits.
• Process new referrals and complete intakes to determine eligibility for services.
• Utilize the mRelief customer relationship management tool, called “Johnnie”, for pre-screening clients.
• Educate and inform clients of SNAP process from eligibility to recertification.
• Teach clients how to obtain, compile and submit the required documents for SNAP.
• Assist clients in using electronic devices to access their SNAP account via cell phone, texting, email and computers sources.
• Market the SNAP Outreach and Engagement Program within Catholic Charities programs.
• Work in partnership with Catholic Charities programs to assist any shared clients/families.
• Complete required documentation and outcome measurements. Submit program data and other reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external entities, conduct in-service presentations and promote agency marketing efforts.
• In collaboration with supervisor, monitor program performance and provide input on program strengths and challenges.
• Travel to various locations throughout Fairfield County, including soup kitchens and food pantries and other related programs.
• Meet both in person and virtually with potential clients to provide assistance.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services and case management experience with vulnerable populations.
Skills and Abilities
• Familiarity with community resources and SNAP benefits.
• Advanced communication skills-oral and written.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate in both group and individual settings.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable collaborating with peers and external resources.
• Ability to work autonomously and exercise flexibility as needed.
• Advanced computer skills and strong office organizational skills
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required.
• Valid driver’s license.
Catholic Charities offers a generous benefits and time-off package.
Please submit cover letter indicating interest and resume to: Heather Ely, Director of Community Engagement Services: [email protected]
Catholic Charities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.