Catholic Charities has been fully accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA).
This is a significant achievement for the organization and one we should be extremely proud of accomplishing. COA accreditation affirms that an organization meets the highest national standards of best practice and establishes the organization’s credibility as effective and professionally sound. In addition, it provides assurance to all of our stakeholders that Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, INC. is delivering needed, high-quality services in our community, conducting its operations successfully, and managing its funds effectively.
Although the formal part of the accreditation process has been completed, our work is far from over. COA accreditation is not an end in and of itself. Rather, it is a process by which our organization can consistently strive for and achieve new levels of excellence.
In that regard, we have received our Final Accreditation Report (FAR). This important and valuable document details the observations and recommendations our COA site review team formed through their evaluation of our self-study and site visit. The FAR provides a unique view of our organization as seen through the eyes of highly experienced professionals. The results were truly remarkable.
The FAR is intended to provide specific, tangible examples of how we can further strengthen our organization throughout our 4-year accreditation cycle. In addition, those standards that were not fully implemented must be addressed through our performance and quality improvement process as they will be a component of our reaccreditation process.
Finally, COA would like to take this opportunity to congratulate us for all of your hard work and continuing support and commitment, which has been instrumental in successfully achieving COA accreditation.
SHOWN BELOW IS THE SUMMARY OF OUR FINAL ACCREDITATION REPORT
- COA rated the agency across 17 program and management standards
- There were a total of 515 elements for which the agency received the following scores:
- 92% of our scores were a 1 – Full Implementation
- 7% of our scores were a 2 – Substantial Implementation
- 1% of our scores were a 3 – Partial Implementation
- 10 out of the 17 (57%) Standard Areas received perfect scores (all 1’s)
- 50% of our programs achieved perfect scores including CSP, HOT, PEP, and Family Directions Adoption Services (Adoption also completed their Hague Accreditation at the same time and received perfect scores in those standards.).
- Human Resources and PQI also received perfect scores.
Congratulations to the entire staff, as this success is a true reflection on your hard work and dedication to the agency and its clients.